Thread: Seizures
View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
Owned by Angus & Brier

Hi, I'm sorry that your cat is sick. 18 years is a long time to know a cat, he must be very special to you. Seizures are a terrible thing. Watching your pet that you love so much go through them is very painful. And brain tumors, they are terrible too. That's what Monty had....the brain tumor was causing the seizures. The phenobarbital did stop them for a bit, but it didn't stop the tumor. And unfortunately they came back.

I don't really know what to tell you. Every situation is different. In Monty's case, the phenobarbital was too much for him, and the seizures wouldn't stop without more phenobarbital. We knew that his quality of life was very low....and it hurt to see him suffering. We had to put him to sleep on the March 18, 2009. I'm hurt beyond words to not have him with me anymore. As you know, pets are your best friend no matter what.

When Monty left us, I held him right to the end. He was surrounded by the people who loved him all his life.

Your cat, at 18, is obviously a strong kitty. The important thing to remember is his quality of life. Nobody knows your cat or loves your cat like you do, you will know what is right for him. I'm praying for him.