View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Live well, laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
It sounds like he's eating an awful large amount of food as well. The largest of ours is about 70 lbs and he only gets a maximum of 1 1/2 pounds raw or, on the occasion Orijen is fed, he only get 1 1/2 cups maximum per day.
LP - 1.5 cups orijen per day or per meal? Riley is now approx 110 but that hasn't been until this last year or so. If I were to feed all kibble today then he would need about 4.5 cups or Orijen to maintain and when I feed all raw I usually feed 1200 gram (2.5 pounds) per day.

When Riley was younger (around 8 months - year) he would have required about six cups of Orijen to be able to maintain and finish growing. He could not process that amount of kibble without getting major splats so at that time he got fed a lot of raw. I now usually do raw in morning and kibble at night. When we travel it is usually all raw as it is easy to buy at grocery stores and his system handles the travel better.