View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2006, 06:27 PM

Lewis put down today.

Hi all.....Today I had to put my 18 year old little panther Lewis down. He was fine about a month ago. Sure he couldn't jump as high or run around as much as he used to...but he always greeted me at the door when I came home from work. I have no children so to me it was the same as having a kid run to me yelling mommy mommy your home....all of a sudden he started losing so much weight. It happend so fast. Then he stopped eating and going to the bathroom. He wouldn't walk around anymore just lie there in a little black ball. He was my little panther....what a great hunter he was. He would cuddle up so tight and so close...if he could he would get inside you. When we brought him to the vet today he knew. My husband and I were crying our eyes out and we could tell just in the way he looked at us that he was ready. Like he was saying "I've had a long and happy life with you,but now I'm ready to go on to my next journey without you."

Funny but after he passed on.. I feel like I can hear his thoughts...Telling me that he's very happy and that his passing was a wonderful and joyus experience. I know that this is my brains way of dealing with it. But I feel him in my thoughts. Maybe I'm experiencing temporary insanity. Has anyone else ever felt this feeling? I even asked him to come and visit me if he can. Told him his spirit can come home with us again.

I can't say goodbye!!! I can't let him go!!!!

Thank you so much all for letting me share.