View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2004, 05:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Smile

I was not going to post on this topic - so much has already been said that I agree with. It may depend on the dog but it is an enviornmental thing really - if the dog has travelled since he is a puppy, he can probably go practically anywhere. And even the most seasoned canine traveller can sometimes become ill on a trip!

When I was growing up, my family always took our dog on road trips with us. (not plane trips though but I am talking about the 60's and 70's). She loved it and was a great traveller! My rabbbit - who some of you may recall lived to be 13, was also a good traveller - motoring from the Maritimes to Florida to Washington state!! (He even kept a log, lol - A Bunny Digs Seattle! , OK so he had some help from his admin assistant )

(I almost typed well seasoned there but some non vegan type and I am not a vegetarian but I'd be ill if I ever ate rabbit, ughhhhhhhhhh!!!) might take that the wrong way.

It is easy now to travel with pets and I see them everywhere. Holiday Inn is great and I use them quite often. That web site mentioned probably lists pet friendly places - baby boomers and the following generations have so many furbabies that the market has to pay attention to us, lol