View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Good morning, Honna! Just checking in on Skye to see how she's doing, and of course, you, DH and Sirius! Hopefully, she's still continuing to improve.

I would have to agree with Hazel and MaxaLisa about the potential for tick-borne illness, especially if you continue to see an increase in the Monocytes and a decrease in the RBC. As both have said, the majority of vets will insist that it's not common, or not even a risk in a particular area. But, as one of our forum members found out, they can be very wrong, and the cost could be your baby's life. I find the ones who insist that's not what it is and refuse to treat for it, even though the symptoms are there, extremely arrogant. I don't know if you read the thread I posted re: SuperWanda and her baby Timber, but if not, I think you will find some similarities.

One thing my hubby and I have found is that you have to be persistent, and not afraid to disagree with your vet. If they're good, they will consider what you have said and act. If not, they probably aren't worth seeing.

Let us know how you are all doing!! And a few more pics wouldn't hurt

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012