View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieBaby View Post
Hello All,

I have a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Maggie; it is just the two of us so there is not another canine or human factor. She is 10 years old and 2 days ago she started following me around the house This is not about her loving me and wanting to be close, I know her inside and out, this is different. She will greet me when I come home as usually, do the bathroom thing, feed her and love on her. The usual. So now after the usual she follows me around and looks at me, I will give her a rub & scratch which would normally satisfy her, she enjoys the attention but she stays right there. I was just in the laundry room and she came in and just stood there not even looking at me, I pet her then said go lay down, normally she would find a soft spot to get comfy. She actually sat by the door waiting for my next move. I have checked her ears for infection, checked her gums her breath is the same, she is not uncomfortable as she will go to sleep once I park my self. I can't find any tender spot either. Any ideas?
Has anything happen to frighten her in the past few days or had you been away on vacation ? I know some dogs get worried their owner will leave them and will follow them around more.
My Standard Poodle started to follow me and stand right next to me. I also notice he smelled strange and a few days later when he peed the snow turned bright red! He had cancer, I am not saying your dog has cancer . I am not saying your dog has cancer, but this the only time my dog acted really needy and stayed close to me.