View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2009, 06:39 PM

OMG Theres a hole in her side!!

Before you say anything I have already called the emergency vet and they said it is not life threatening and can wait until tomorrow morning. But I'm still freaking out.

I'm watching my boyfriend's dog for thanksgiving. Hes out of town, should be home in a couple hours. I finally got the dogs inside from being outside for 2 hours and I noticed what looked like a scratch on his dog, I check it out and it is a hole in her side, the flappy skin by the waist. Its not bleeding but it is a hole! I know its going to need to be stitched and she needs to see a vet. Is there anything I could put on this to stop infection until a vet can see her? The lady at the er vet said they couldn't give me advice over the phone but put on it whatever you would if I had the same wound. I put some antibiotic ointment on it but its a hole! and that makes it rather difficult to put anything on it. So I put it on this nonstick bandage thingy and used wrap stuff to hold it in place on the wound. Is this good? Should I even be covering it? it always happens on holidays!!! Any help would be great