View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

One day does not consistency make. It is going to take a while to teach the kitten the proper way of playing. Just as with a child or a puppy, they don't learn right away. With time the kitten will learn that fingers and toes are a no no, toys are ok.

This whole "seeing baby as prey" I have to tell you bothers the crap out of me. That is very archaic thinking and should be banished from people's thoughts. Cats, even a tiny kitten, knows full well that the baby IS NOT PREY. For heaven sakes, the baby is bigger than the kitten. When I said to keep the baby and kitten separate I was actually more concerned about the kitten than the baby. Baby can hurt the kitten pretty easily. Kittens' bodies are pretty fragile and do not withstand a lot of punishment. Babies have a habit of wanting to squeeze the smallest part of the kitten/toy/whatever because it's easier to hold. In this case it would be the kitten's neck.

You can spray whatever you'd like on your hands and feet. Without an ongoing program of showing the kitten the proper way of playing it would not do much good. The kitten is a baby. It is only doing what is normal. If you watch kittens playing together they quite often go after each other's ears, tails, feet, whatever. It is normal play. It is up to you to teach the kitten gently and consistently the proper way to play. I can not emphasize the "gentle" part enough.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!