View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2014, 09:49 AM

Hi,

Like others, my search for information on this topic lead me to this form. Thanks to everyone who has posted information and their story which has helped me deal with what is happening.

My 13 year old husky Sydney has been getting nose bleeds as well. It started about 6 weeks ago. She only had one so I didn’t think much about it. I figured she bonked her nose on something. Everything was good until last week when we started getting a couple a day. They have been getting worse every day since.

She has been to the vet who is fantastic an upfront about everything. He has given me some medication ( can’t remember what it’s called but it helps the blood clot ) for the nose which seems to be helping stop the flow. His recommendation is to have a rhinoscope as he cannot determine the cause or source of the bleeding. I’m trying to get her in for the procedure but there is only one vet in Winnipeg who does it and I won’t hear back for a few days.

Yunnan Baiyao has been mentioned here a couple times. Have those of you that have used it had good success with it stopping the nosebleeds? SuperWanda I see you are from Winnipeg, is there anyone in town that sells it or does it have to be ordered? Also what doses are recommended?

Other than the nosebleeds my girl is happy healthy and still has lots of life in her so I want to do what I can to maintain that.

I’m preparing for the worst (yet reading the success others have had here) hoping for the best.