Thread: The TJTwitter
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:33 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
And today...I saw my very first two Orioles , just when I said in one of klmccallum's threads the other day that I've never seen any before. I hope none of the neighbors were looking out their windows cuz I was so excited I squealed and pointed them out to Lucky . I did have my camera but I kinda scared them away to the tops of the trees and my zoom isn't strong enough . Do they stay in one area all season? I'm going to get dh to pick up some grape jelly tomorrow and hope they stick around for a while yet .
I'm so happy for you LP! If you get some kind of plastic container (dollarstore ones are great) for now and screw it down onto a post or flat surface and fill it with the jelly, they'll come back with their babies and friends and stay all summer!

It's so cute to see the bigger ones teaching the little ones how to eat the jelly out of the container. Last year, the little babies came up to the feeder around July.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)