View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottysrule View Post
OK here is my rant of the day its about wildlife and not the big game but the little guys the snakes, coons and skunks.

I lady i know and also watch her dog for. catches raccoons and skunks and some time cats in a live trap or raccoon trap(what ever you want to call it). Well I have never been one to trap and move animals even wild ones and i don't think it's a good thing to do as you don't know if there are kits. This lady will traps n moves the cats and coons but from what i know the 2 skunks she has caught has killed them. They caught a young skunk and they have a guy coming to shoot it tonight. I mean come on you don't live in town what did you think that you buy a house and have land, and all of a sudden all the wildlife leaves the yard or your area. They also are known for killing the garden snakes as they have a goldfish/koi pond so the snakes go for them, from what the lady says.
Here the thing they complain and rant about when people killed a deer near the area. They do Live out rural area where most people have a few acres at least.
My mom has always taught me that we have to live with animals that are around. Heck as a kid i grew up with a wild skunk that was like a pet never got sprayed or anything and could play with it.
Also like 2 years ago when we were feeding our now cat Lady mom left food out so that she knew Lady was eating also we had a few stray hanging around. found out we were feeding a mom coon and her kits. we stopped leaving food out so that the coons wouldn't keep coming around and we live in the city.

I have made a complaint with fish and wildlife but they office is closed today. I didn't want them to mention my name or anything as i rather not deal with hearing it from these people that i would call in a complaint about them.
That is great you made a complaint , I would had too. Snakes eat rodents and if the woman keep killing all the snakes there is going to a lot of rodents around. I was told it was not good to move wildlife to another location as it could have health issues that spread to other animals . I once saw a snake in the road and stopped my car and got out and moved the snake to a safer place. I did not want to see a dead snake even time I drove by ,. I hope fish and wildlife will do something about this.