View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Honest Contributor

schauzergirl:

"So when you feed the raw meaty bones to your dog, do you contain him to a certain area so it isn't messy, or do you kick your dog outside when you feed it?"

i used to let him eat on his favorite spot (the living room carpet of course ) but i got tired of washing it all the time, so now i kick him outside to eat them. lucky for me, it's the ONLY place he will eat them now, LOL! he eats on the balcony, no more mess. if he leaves some behind (rare nowadays but he used to, before) i either pick up and put away for the next meal, or leave it out if cold enough to be a natural fridge - or freezer, these days.

many people feed their raw dogs in a crate, or on a plastic sheet, all kinds of improvisations...

i don't understand your comment about your dog being allergic to protein... raw protein from fresh natural sources is not the same as the processed, denatured cooked protein in commercial food... no wonder your pooch always looks hungry - he is there is no nutrition in veggies except fiber and some vitamins, and no calories... or fat... dogs can eat *some* veggies but they are not needed and, in bigger quantities, can cause allergies and digestive upsets, too... they need the protein that whole, raw meaty parts can give them... this includes sinew, cartilage, tendons, muscles, bone, skin and fat... ya know?

if you continue to feed so little meat and so many veggies, your dog will melt down to skin and bones and develop symptoms of nutrition deficiency. his system is built for eating and metabolizing protein, not vegetable matter.... If you want him to lose weight, feed lean meats, trim off excess fat and skin, give big odd-shaped pieces that make him work for his food, watch him go to town on a whole chicken! if he's allergic to chicken, try turkey. try pork, beef, rabbit, goat, fish, anything you can get your hands on.

have you joined the raw-feeding list for great tips and pointers?... they're a great bunch!! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:

Last edited by technodoll; January 9th, 2006 at 02:36 PM.