View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Senior Contributor

B]Bearsmom[/B], I'm probably wrong but it sounds to me as though you're validating the officers' stance to leave abruptly...

***No, I'm not. All I'm saying is that they more than likely had a ton of calls backing up, and SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE, you want to get them cleared as quickly as possible, with minimal conflict. Since I wasn't there, it's all subjective anyways.

Puppyluv is right, this is their job, regardless how small. I don't see any "stand-off" since they could have easily walked over to the next door neighbours and asked if my dog(s) were barking.

***AGAIN, yes, it's their job, problem is that the neighbour said they were barking, you said they weren't. Perhaps they spoke to the neighbour before they spoke to you? THIS is what I mean by a stand off.

otherwise, I could call the police on them, with a.. say... they hit me or broke my flowered pot, and it's my word against theirs, right?

***Most neighbour versus neighbour complaints are one's word against anothers.

either way they would get a warning? this is absurd. I sure hope there's smarter officers out there.

***Unless you see the "crime in progress", and given that (yes, it's as stupid as I KNOW that dogs issue warning barks) your dogs barked when they got there, they just told you to stop your dogs from barking.

regardless what's going on with the officers behind the scenes, they are to be unbiased, and JUST, like all workers should be in any other profession when dealing with the public. I would imagine officers of the law should take this stance even more seriously.

***Absolutely.

I understand what you are saying about "real crimes," Bearsmom, but it wasn't I who called them in the first place. Perhaps they should have gone back downstairs or something, then again I'm no one to tell them what to do, but honestly things should have been straightened out and not left hanging like this.

***and obviously it bothers you enough, so you should do what you feel is appropriate.

as for the "knows them" written at the bottom of your quote, Bearsmom, it's probably in a bad way, like they're friends

***and therein lies the problem, if they're friends with this chick, then, for lack of a better word, you're pooched right from the time they got there.