View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:07 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaJenT View Post
I have a HUGE MONSTER male husky and a sweet cuddle bug smaller husky that seems to crave affection more than the beast (though I cuddle him tons too) My question is, is it all right to allow the small one on the couch while the monster one that clearly wishes he was smaller, not to be?

It's so nice to cuddle with the little one and my heart goes out to her cause she has to fend for herself all day. The monster play fights with her a lot and he would never hurt her on purpose but it is a lot for her to deal with just the same, always being outweighed, so when she wants affection it's hard to resist.

But the monster is WAY TOO HUGE to get on the couch, he would take up the whole thing. But he's incredibly smart and I'm not sure he can just accept it or will hold it against the smaller one. Am I setting her up for his jealousy? Or do you think he can get used to it and sorta not notice...(wince).
How old are the dogs? Which one was there first? Has the big one been taught from the start that the couch is off limits or only once he got bigger? I would think all of these things are important.
In my house my larger lab has known from the start that she is not allowed on the couch. My 5 pound toy has always been allowed. There is not jealousy. They know what is expected of them.
Maybe when you are sitting on the couch and not cuddling with the other dog call the big guy over to you. Let him put his head on your lap while sitting on the floor and give him his attention that way. I would bet any jealousy, if there, goes out the window.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!