View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:25 PM

Question Input on Kerry Blue Terrier

Hello!

Any of you out there know that breed, or better yet have one?

I'm looking into various breeds and this one seems to possess a lot of the qualities I'm looking for (not too small, not too big; not much shedding; exercise needs seem manageable).

I was told by someone who knew of 2 Kerry Blues that they were completely nuts! Kept going through screen doors when they saw something moving in the backyard, did not respond to basic commands, etc.

But what about this one? Seems like a smart cookie to me!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nhg5IY6hfVU

I had a Welsh Terrier for 16 years (I was not in charge of her training though - I was too young and not responsible enough! ), but I understand the challenges Terriers can bring. I also had a Doberman for 10 years, which was a dream dog. I know how to make a dog understands "who's the boss", but I don't want a dog that will be crazazy all the time!

Any views? Any other breeds you guys think could be a good fit for me?

Thanks so much in advance!

Lili
PS. To give you all an idea, here are some breeds I have or am currently looking into : Giant Schnauzer, Standard Poodle, Bouvier des Flandres, English Cocker Spaniel...

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

2005-... - Gorgeous blue merle Australian Shepherd (since June 2008)
R.I.P.
1980-1996 - My first dog - Welsh Terrier
1994-2006 - My beloved Chloe - Doberman

Last edited by Lili; February 2nd, 2008 at 01:29 PM.