View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by want4rain View Post
The only thing I can see wrong at this point is the lack of weekly variety. I would aim to getting variety over a weeks time instead of a months time. If you have the freezer space to cycle through different cuts as well as different animals??

-ash
At this time I don't have the freezer space(plan on getting one in June/July) and also my search for suppliers is not over. I plan on hitting local farmer's markets this spring/summer as well to see if I can get on the inside loop somewhere. At this point my suppliers are all very rule following even if I am looking for food for the dog and not my family - worried I'm some undercover government official no doubt. I know she needs more variety than she is currently getting but please note she has only been getting RAW for 1 week and full 1/2 RAW for less than that. I also have cost constraints as if this gets too pricey my husband will fight me more than the not so gentle joking I am currently getting from him.

I will keep in mind variety and will be looking more closely at the bulk and price cut meats at the grocery store - there was even a sale on whole chickens in my area(2 for $9) but my freezer is full of human meat and beef tongue right now and I'll be renting out space in a friend's freezer for the chicken necks I'm getting.

Thanks for your input! I really do like having advice from someone else that is RAW feeding

Cass

Last edited by cassblonde; April 6th, 2008 at 01:55 PM.