View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott View Post
Honestly - anything that keeps her out of town is a good thing.

While one can go on and on about the cruelty of zoos and aquariums - the simple fact is that people tend to connect more closely with things that they can actually see with their own eyes and not just on television. The majesty of a tiger is just so much "more" when you watch them in a zoo than when you watch a show on National Geographic. In this day and age, when technology is so advanced that we can see anything on our computer screens, it takes something away from the actual living, breathing creatures. Seeing them "up close and personal" in a zoo or an aquarium gives us more reason to care and shows us the importance of protecting the lands or oceans that they are native to.

At the rate that humans are abusing this planet, it is perfectly conceivable that in the not too distant future, the only place we will be able to see some of these species of animals will be in a zoo or aquarium.
I never really been a fan of Pamela , but now I would happy to have her come to my city. I am with her 100%! I will not go on whale watches as the boat will go right into a whale birthing ground and I feel that is wrong . It also make it difficult to feed on fish as boat get in the whale way. I live on the coast line and I can tell you having wild life in a tank of water does not make people more concern about the ocean. When I took my last dog to the beach I would bring extra bags to pick up the trash people leave behind or throw off their boats. I would go there at least 3 x a week and each time I had two bags filled with trash. New England Aquarium is about a 45 minutes drive from where I live , and people still treat the ocean as bottomless dump yard! No wild animal belong in a cage.