View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2004, 12:00 PM

Do Hounds Really Freak People Out That Much?

Seems like since I put a message on the forum with the word "foxhound" in the title, people have read it but no responses.

What's up with that? They aren't bad dogs to have as pets you know.

I will admit that they are stubborn and hard to train to come when called, but it can be done and Deejay has proven many people wrong!

With love and patience, I have been able to train him to go off leash in several parks in my area with no major problems. Sure when he's sniffing around he's all of a sudden hard of hearing, but overall he's doing amazing.

Yes, I am still looking to find him a new home because I think he would do better with folks that can spend more time with him.

He also loves to walk, and needs 3 good walks a day. This would be ideal for someone who is very active. I take him biking and rollerblading in the summer and he just loves it!

He's also starting to retrieve balls in the park.

There are so many things people will tell you about certain breeds, but like all breeds, it always comes down to the owner I think.

Sure foxhounds are harder to train in recalll then most other breeds, but if you are consistent, patient and loving they too will respond.

Sorry but I just wanted to state that because I've been trying to spark interest in anyone who may be looking to adopt him.

Foxhounds are such sweet dogs...you'll never know until you have one!