View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Blame not the breed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
The only way you are going to be able to tell what she is allergic to is either by allergy tests or an elimination diet. AND the only way you are truly going to know the ingredients is with a homemade diet. It could be anything in the dog food that is causing the allergies. However, if you can't make a homemade diet, then one food company that I do trust is Wellness. They have a line of dog food, called Simple Solutions that has 3 different flavours:

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/recip...x?pet=dog&ft=1

It would take about 6 weeks for allergies to disappear.
She's done the test as well as the desensitization needles. Tests says she is allergic to pretty much everything under the sun. Needles did nothing at all. Did these needles for close to 3 years. I figured it was a false diagnosis, and figured it may be mange. I've had her on prednizone, revolution, non-allergenic diets, ivermectin, raw diets, homemade veggy/fish diet, and nothing worked except for the fish, and veggy diet. This diet worked in about a week removing all sores, but when she scratches it is still to the point of bleeding. She is supposed to be allergic to fish so this diet working has me stumped which is why I figured false diagnosis. Only other thing that worked great was prednizone, but that made her a zombie, gave her diarrhea, and upset stomach.