View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss, but cpietra is right, Draco would not want you to be so unhappy. You said when you were sad, he was there with you, being sad with you. You owe it to him now to honour his memory with tears of happiness and let his magic memories heal your heart. Don't make Draco sad by being sad - let him go with all your love. He understood mom was checking on him and his girls were with him. He knew he was and is still loved.

I had the same type of parting with my first dog Natasha. She started to stumble and we let her lay down at home for two hours until the vet could see her. She bravely walked out to the car and jumped in and when the vet took her in they said she was anemic. We left her overnight to be on an IV also and an hour later they called to say she had died. So I know what you feel with not getting to say goodbye. It never occurred to me that my girl would never come home. She had ruptured a heart valve and bled to death internally for no known reason. She was only 7 at the time and like your Draco was one of my kids.

It's heart breaking for sure, but we have to go on. We got another dog right away, it's what we had to do, some people have to wait. You already have another dog so that's good. Let your other pup work his wonders on you now. Draco would want that!