View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymac View Post
Sure I used 3 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup of oatmeal, about 1/2 cup of peanut butter and enough water to make a dough you can roll out. Kneaded it well, let it rest, then rolled it out and cut into cookies. Bakes at 325 for about 30 minutes. The ones I made today, I used the same amount of flour and oatmeal, 1/4 cup or so bacon grease. We had bacon at breakfast so I just saved the grease from 4 slices. Then I had some Campbells 30% less sodium beef broth in the fridge, so I just added enough to make a stiff rollable dough, probably a cup and a half. Oh and about a tsp of garlic powder. I'm going to see if I can get some barley flour or some other type of flour at the bulk store. Oat flour is easy to make, just grind up oatmeal in a food processor. So I'm going to try that next, maybe with the sweet potatoes.
Do you use quick or old fashion oatmeal? unsweetened apple juice may work in place of the water , how does that sound to you? Or I should say how does that sound to your pets? LOL!