View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:59 PM

Exclamation Responses from the OP :)

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone for their detailed and thoughtful responses! I'll try not to get too wordy with mine... It sure IS funny that many tales are about the black females!

Technodoll - Um, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, though mine won't be the same as I could never live without her (and Luna doesn't go outside her litterbox either thankfully).

Bendyfoot - What is Feliway please and how is it used? As for other anti-anxiety drugs, my vet is aware of her behaviors and has never suggested such a thing... but I will ask him on our next visit. Glad that helped your kitty, and I'd be interested in the name if you find it!

CyberKitten - You sound brave with ferals, maybe you ought to look into behaviorist work! Why don't you talk to one near you about it? I'll keep my ears and eyes open for a well-reputed behaviorist near me (a friend did ask a pet psychic about Luna, PM me if you're interested in the tale - too long to post if not!)
How do you use the Rescue Remedy, and how often please? I have some but haven't used it... Also, no, Luna is NOT declawed and I never would (but I do understand why you'd ask.) She was also spayed at 6mo.

Love4himies - Luna was a shelter kitten too, feral they thought, and 8 weeks old at drop-off (I took her home 2 days later). My big difference is Luna's attacks are 3-4 times a WEEK. When I 'time-out' her in the bathroom, getting her there often results in my bleeding - she latches on to any limb but especially fights my hands; but if I don't take lock away (5-10 min, i'm not mean to her), she doesn't stop coming after me (blocking her doesn't work, she clings...) Hmmm...

Loopoo - True - she was at the shelter only two days with her brother, dropped by a woman who had 'seen them in her backyard and thought they were old enough' (who knows, the shelter said ppl say this when sometimes they just don't want black cats around!) At 8 weeks, she'd had no socializing. I wish now I'd taken her brother too, but she was my first cat...
Also - Luna loves water so the spray has no effect (tried years ago, she got soaked chasing the spray, pretty funny!)... I will try to play with her more often (before attacks, not so she learns attacks = play.)

Kristen7 - THanks for your thoughts and stories.... and yes, I'll try just about anything!
Weirdly, sometimes its as soon as an hour or two before or after an attack that she hops up and lays on my chest while I watch TV to get some love and petting... which she always gets when she 'asks' that way.

Maybe she really is bipolar or something.

OH DEAR I GOT WORDY AFTERALL! Further thoughts are always appreciated! Thanks for reading and happy weekends to all... ~Scary