Thread: Am I a freak?
View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Feline Lunch Lady

Ha!

That's why I feel comfortable visiting here! I currently have a girl (human two-legged 10 year old) and a boy (feline three-legged 4 year old). I adore them both!! Yes, my love for my daughter is different than my love for my cat, but...well, you understand. I don't have to explain it here! (besides, I just finished a great game of hide-a-go-seek with the boy and I'm a little out of breath...he's fast!!!!)

OK, I've got my breath..... Anyway, although I have not had many, I've always loved my animals (I had a dog and a budgie and a couple of hamsters growing up, and two budgies while living on my own - I adore budgies, but I like them to let them fly free around the house so it's a no-go with my hunter-boy). I've always had folks look at me strange when I go on and on about the amazing/funny/adorable shenanigans my animals do.

You kind of have to feel sorry for someone who doesn't 'get it'. I really think they are missing out.

Oh - it looks like Mr. Energy Plus has finally settled down. I have a home-office and he sleeps by my feet while I work - sometimes he 'helps' me and is my office assistant (like the time I was working with big flip chart notes -- he had a ball!!!) But it was a little hard to explain last week when I was on a big conference call (used speaker phone so I could have my hands free) and the boy woke up and started MEEEOOOWWWWINNNNG and head-butting me for attention....

Welcome! And show us some of those pictures you've got on your desk!