Thread: Odd Behavior
View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirschSalvator View Post
I don't know if there is already a line of discussion for this, and if so I apologize. My 1ish year old neutered male cat has been acting strange recently with me 4 1/2 month old female Yorkie. Normally they play together, and it's really cute but as of late it seems as though he is trying to mount her. If he wasn't neutered, I could understand, but he's been fixed. He doesn't spray of anything, but he's been getting on top of her and biting her neck and it almost looks like he's trying to, well...hump her. Does anyone know why he would be doing this?
I'm sorry, I have no advice for you, but I wanted to say thank you for the laugh!!

I had a male cat who used to do that to my ferret as well. They were the best of friends and it brought back those funny memories! I don't know if it's "normal", but in our case, it wasn't harmful. Good luck!

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012