View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:34 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyln View Post
Thanks for your input sugarcatmom, however the cats are quite healthy and happy with their food. I'm most concerned with the bigger issue at hand!
SCM is our very best cat guru. She has done years and years of research to find the root problems for cat health. I would venture to say she has had a hand in saving many many cats' lives. I would also venture to say that she is better educated than most vets. Their education ends when they walk out the door of their school unless they choose to do updating. Hers is never ending. All we are asking is that you read the info with an open mind. It's amazing what you may learn.
While I feel Gracies' issues started with allowing an unspayed male in the house as SCM stated, the bad food may well be the fault for some of Gracies' actions. I know if I am hungry or not satisfied with my food I get really biatchy!!
Some information for you to ponder......
Vets do not need to take any nutritional courses in order to get their degree. So how do they learn what food is good or bad? If they do choose to take any courses they are taught by people directly hired by Hills. Yep, Hills. So what info do you think these brand new vets are receiving? Not that grains and corns are deadly to a cat's internal organs. That's for sure.
The latest research has shown that dry kibble is one of the major causes of harmful crystals in male cats urine. They can take years to develop. So while we think we are feeding a great food to our beloved pets we are really doing them great harm. It will cost you many many dollars to try to save the cat's life.
Which, to make a long story longer, is the reason I said (although if Charlie is indeed not well it could have in a roundabout way) when I originally answered.
I am glad you are willing to try reintroductions with the kitties before you rehome Gracie.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!