View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracko View Post
I love seeing how all 3 of them get along so well. Are there ever power struggles? They always seem so laid back and not dominate type dogs in your videos/pictures.
They get along really well, so I was very lucky in that regard. But they definitely have their hierarchy. I've been in continuous training classes almost every Sat for the past four years, so I've learned so much from my trainer. A lot of what used to be so foreign to me just comes naturally to me now and they naturally respect that I'm the boss. But Petey is top dog otherwise and they happily respect and follow that as well. Belle and Jelly are still sorting it out so they get along wonderfully 99% of the time, but once in a while, do have a minor power struggle. If I tell them to stop, they do, so it's not a big deal. I don't really have to even say anything though as they sort it out after about 30 seconds or so. I actually haven't quite decided who's next after Petey as Belle pulls rank with some things and Jelly with others. They seem pretty equal so far. Belle has a very intense personality and is very strong and very stubborn. But she is also the most happy-go-lucky girl you ever did meet. Nothing gets her down and she is excellent at making sure everyone is included. Jelly is very laid back and easy going and is happy to just go with the flow. But she will defend herself readily if Belle tries to take something from her and usually wins. She has a nasty gremlin-like snarl when she wants to use it, LOL, but again, it's only ever in defense. She doesn't take things from Belle like Belle takes things from her. But it's never anything serious as it's only seconds long with some displays of impressive sounding snarls and then they go right back to playing again or will be cuddling up again seconds later.