View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Exclamation Need help with pigeon rescue

We live in a small apartment & are unable to provide a home for a beautiful pair of white pigeons that took up 'residence' last fall in the maintenance yard building where my husband works. They refused to leave & so after becoming quite attached to them my husband has been caring for them the last year. They have recently come to the negative attention of a new manger who hates all animals & wants them removed or exterminated immeditiately.

We are desperate to find a safe home for the pair & have no idea where to begin. The male's feather's were badly singed months ago by, we suspect, battery acid, so he is unable to fly. We realize if they are turned out they will definitely fall prey to the many predators in the area. The female refuses to leave him & has stayed devotedly nesting with him in the safe haven my husband provided in the building.

We would appreciate any info on a place we could bring these beautiful, now semi-domesticated pair of white pigeons in the Orange County area of So, California, or any other workable solution any fellow animal lover might have.

Thanks,
Pat M.