View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by technodoll View Post
so how did the fish dinner go?... what kind of fish did you find, and how was it? LOL !
Ooops....I forgot to reply to your post TD
The fish dinner went really well. When I went to the supermarket to buy the fish, they didn't have any fish that were "intact" or whole, except for packages of herring but I stayed away because they were covered in kosher salt. All of the other fish at the counter were fillets that were deboned, cleaned, etc. so I figured fish fillets were still better than no fish at all, so I bought a sole fillet. Although the fish didn't have bones, skin, head, fins, etc. do you think I did the right thing by feeding it to him? Barkley loved it and ate it up with his usual gusto
Come to think of it, I haven't given him anything on this raw diet that he didn't love. Last night I gave him chicken drumsticks for the first time and he plowed through them like nobody's business!
Now I feel guilty about still feeding our cat kibble :sad: She's a pretty picky eater so we haven't tried to switch her and she is healthy with a nice shiny coat, so we haven't felt a need to do it like we did with Barkley because of all his problems related to kibble. Still, knowing what I know now about kibble, I feel horrible feeding it to her. Do you think we should attempt a switch or leave well enough alone?