View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luba
They never cry for no reason, there is a reason.

Your dog could be confused, suffering from dementia. All of a sudden forgetting where they are and what is happening.

Try to keep things the same in the house. Don't move things around or leave boxes or bags of things in the dogs way. If you introduce something new to the home show it to your dog more then once so there is certainty of where it is and what it smells like.

Another reason can be pain and geriatric dogs can have a lot of it.
When was your last vet visit and what do you feed your dog? Any health problems and are you giving supplements for geriatric dogs?
(Glucosamine, Shark Cartilidge, Omega fatty acids) ?

It's hard when they get to this age, breaks your heart and it's hard to see.
A blind dog can still be active and have fun, enjoying their life. Do you still go for walks?
My dad has a cat (she was ours growing up/ we got her when I was 4 years old) so she is 16 years old in people years. She started cryinglike that and would just stand in one place and cry and look around and cry when she ate. Did took her to the vet and he said that it is signs of getting old she is forgetting where she is at and as far as the crying he said that her teeth were getting bad. Just like an older persons teeth would they changed her to soft cat food and the vet told him not to make any changes to the house because it would cause her alot of stress and it would confuss her more.

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo