View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh dear Sayfre, now I'll be worrying about that poor Baby again, sigh!!! Poor little pussy cat!! What did she do to deserve your friends? I hope to God she'll be OK and that she really is not as small as you originally thought. When I read the problems small cats have - if they do not have a C section, most would - it just makes me ill all over again. It is not just my love of animals. It is just that I am so used to being able to help small children and big ( ) get well and it can be such a high (makes the lows every so much worthwhile!) I feel extremely frustrated just to read your post! I wish you luck in convincing her.

Forgive me but I have to say tho if a friend of mine was that stubborn, I'd be so tempted to so something unorthodox - I'd get the biggest guys I know and go there and take the cat and tell her I think she is endangering this pet's life and I am taking her to the vet. (I am not sure about calling Animal Contril given the varying records in different jurisdictions). If she tried to stop me, well so be it. Maybe it is beacuse I have been thrteatened when I've reported ppl for child abuse and that just makes me more determined! I even reported a fellow now imprisoned for five (and God knows how many more) murders in NB for the abuse of his gf's son. (One of the women he viciously murdered after that was a former secretary of mine but that was coincidental I think tho I do not know for certain). I would not lie to your friend but I would be nebulous and tell her she is tenuously close to breaking the laws regarding animal abuse and for her own good and for the cat's good especially, you were taking her to the vet. If she is a good friend, she would understand. (I mean, I dragged a suicidal friend - when I was an undergrad - to the univ health services) She realized later she needed the help. Your friend may not require psychiatric care but she is certainly dilusional if she thinks this feline birth will be easy.

Sorry to go over this again but it makes me crazy (maybe noi more than I already am as my friends would say, lol) but I sense your frustration. I gather you were not able to get thru to the husband? Does this woman have at least some sense of common sense and decency that you can talk some sense to her or him?