View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Can you get the vet to send a sample of her blood out for a fPLI test? tends to be a fairly accurate diagnostic for pancreatitis in cats.
I will send her an email and see if the lab still has some of Tus's blood from the last test's we did and hopefully they can use that to do the test.

Quote:
she really does have it, pain killers are the most important part of treatment.
Would the stomach upset cause that much pain or is it some other type of pain? How can I tell if she's in pain aside from the acid indigestion she seems OK, maybe a little more distant lately.

Quote:
some debate about whether or not a low fat diet helps (for some it might ease symptoms, in other cases it makes no difference). Lots of p'titis cats do well on some of the canned Merrick flavours, which have a moderate amount of fat.
Ya I thought I read that somewhere about the fat diets, but if she'll eat them, what harm can it do? Might be good for my fat cats..yes??

Anyway just fed them all again, as I seem to spend a fair amount of time feeding the cats. I presume it still holds true for Tus on the frequent feedings? I try and get food in to her as late as possible to try and get her through the nite. Don't know if this helps or not.

I'll let you know on the test.

Any other med's or supplements to help her out?