View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2007, 03:14 PM

Personally, I just think it depends on how the person feels about giving their dog people food. I would never let my dog beg at the table, and I never let them get fed by anyone from their plates, but I will give scraps on occasion (when the scraps are good enough for them), after dinner. And, the dogs and cats are allowed to clean up under the children's table after the kids are finished, not that I could really stop them, lol.

When I first got Dory (she was already an adult), I can tell you the trouble I went through to train her, because she had been given human food since she was a pup, she wouldn't beg people to give her food, she would TELL them to. I'm serious, when I first got Dory, she would bark at me when she knew that dinner was ready, she would bark at me because in her opinion, I was supposed to make her a plate, and I was supposed to make hers first! So I had to wean her of the habit and for a long time she wasn't allowed to have human food, her manners are much better now and she waits until she sees me clearing the table before she watches hopefully to see if there's anything she can have.