View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2010, 11:10 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

Sorry I came off that way. I just get frustrated when someone recommends homeopathy when there have been no studies which prove it's efficacy beyond placebo. If a human wants to take a homeopathic remedy because they think it makes them feel better, more power to them, but pets are not susceptible to placebo. The real harm is when people substitute medical attention with these remedies.

I came across this forum when I googled "can dogs get colds" and this was the number one hit. Suppose someone whom is not familiar with homeopathy googles the same thing because he or she thinks their dog has a cold. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that they read "petdr"'s post and say to themselves "I don't know what this homeopathy stuff is, but it seems he's saying I should give my dog some onions." In fact, I would venture to say that it has probably already happened.

I love my pug and dogs in general. That's why it pains me to see someone recommend something that a) has no efficacy and b) can be easily misunderstood and cause an owner to give his pet something that can harm them.

In short, if your pet is not feeling well, DO NOT:

substitute medical attention with homeopathy or give your dogs onions!