View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2010, 09:16 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post
i was expecting some fighting back form her but that was way more... i didnt know cats can bend at those angles.... she bit the same hand that was holding her by the scruff.... maybe i grabbed her too low

i always admired you guys for all the work you do, but i definitely got some new appreciation...

she is always at the same place in the park and does come out for temptation treats... i hope they can get her...
They can bend in some amazing positions for sure. I have some interesting scars on my arms and hands to say the least. I think there are a few on my legs and back too. Normally, and I say normally because each kitty is different, once you scruff them they go fairly limp. But I have also had some who just plain freak out. Please don't feel bad. You have done more than most would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
14+,,just a thought and please do correct me if i'm wrong,,since we know i'm not much on the kitty knowledge. Would it not be safer and possibly easier if they can get kitty to come close again, to scruff her to the ground instead of lifting her, then put the towel over her as you hold her so she can't scratch..once under the towel, then lift her.
It may work. The towel usually works to calm them. But it would have to be done quickly. If this girl flips out when scruffed she just may be a difficult customer.

I have emailed my contact. Hopefully she will get back to me tomorrow and can help out. As soon as I know anything I will let you know. I've told her I will take the wild child once caught so we shall see. Biggest problem is I don't know if there is anyone in that area working to s/n.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!