View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovNKyra View Post
Yup, she was on antibiotic which worked for the sores, but she just kept adding more with the scratching. The absolute best thing so far has been a diet change. I had it to the point of all the redness gone, sores gone, hair growing back, but still some scratching although much less than before. I'm really hoping the diet change from the fish to the pork will be the deal maker. After 5+ years I'm out of a job, out of money, and out of ideas. At some point I need to get on with my life, and realise I can't do anything else for her. Unfortunately with the stupid BSL laws that will probably mean putting her down, and that will absolutely destroy me. Please diet WORK!!!
I hear you, I have a very high maintenance dog here, and for awhile, I had two of them at the same time, and it was very risky financially. It's very difficult when you have to balance all of these things, AND they don't seem to be getting better

Some dogs don't do well on pork, some do, there's no way to tell until you try it. From the supermarket, it was more expensive, but Costco always had it $2.99 or less per pound. Compared to fish or beef, etc., that was a bargain.

Yes, I probably forgot about a lot of nutrients, magnesium included! As for the calcium, I recall somewhere reading that it was 1 eggshell per pound of meat, but my memory might be off. Extra biotin can also help with skin conditions, and is pretty safe.

It's important to take out offending things, feed nothing else, and put in extra nutrients.