Thread: Ticked off!
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

What gives here? Are you feeling guilt over something and using excuses to make yourself feel better? Give it up!!

Many of us are of limited means as you so indicate. BUT you took the responsibility of caring for your pet for the entirety of its life. You should have thought of not wanting to fork out $$ before you got the dog.

When my dog was sick we spent THOUSANDS on him because he deserved the opportunity to have medicine do all they could to help him , without putting him in jeopardy or carrying on treatment that would leave him too ill to enjoy life.

In the long run, surgery found his tumour were cancerous and inoperable. THEN AND ONLY THEN did we make the decision that he was better off not suffering the pain and depression of not having a fulfilling life.

I wonder if you didn't have medical coverage, and had a child would you make the child suffer if you didn't have money.

Spay and neuter fee's FYI are NOT expensive so there is NO excuse. You aren't concerned about over population or you wouldn't have said such an ignorant thing.

Quote:
So to all pet owners who love their pets dearly you are not a bad person if you don't take your sick animal in and it passes away
And YES to me if you don't get treatment and allow your pet to SUFFER in pain and agony you ARE a selfish self centred person.

I suppose it's more important to buy your $5.00 cup of Starbucks every morning.

And btw sounds like you LOVE your dog as long as your dog remains healthy. Then ...who cares...just let it die and you'll go get another one right!!