View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
I heard there are 40 million people in the US who cannot afford medical-care or Health-Insurance,that is a shameful situation to me.
I have a friend married to an American,they live in Venice Florida,since they are over 50,pay $1.000/month for healthinsurance,even so her husbands knee-replacement surgery was not covered,because he had a history of knee-problems.
Insurance companies will do anything to not have to pay out,that is just a plain fact.
Where's the like button here?
Fact is if my family lived in the States with our current jobs and the situation we have we would be considered one of the "lowly" ones. No way would we be able to pay for health insurance. With the history of breast cancer, colon cancer, and heart disease that runs in my family I am forever grateful I live in a country where I don't have to pay for health concerns.
When my mother and my sister were ill with cancer they were both very well taken care of. Everything needed to fight that horrendous disease was given them. My mom survived 10 years. My sister fought for 18. My family was not left with crippling bills to mar our memories. I can't imagine having to pay off medical bills for years after losing a very dear family member. Unthinkable.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!