View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2005, 11:42 PM

Wilson update

Wanted to post some important info for everyone. Things have not been great with Wilson since our last post. When we brought her home from the vet last week we had high hopes that his thoughts of what was wrong with her would cure her and all would mend. Today I dropped her off at the vet and we thought she would have exploratory surgery by noon. She has not been eating or drinking anything all weekend. She spent yesterday on IV fluids and antibiodics at his office. I was able to pick her up and bring her home last night but this morning things were no better. I left her there thinking he was going ahead with the surgery. However he called me and changed his mind. He said he had a gut feeling that the knife was not the way to go just yet. He thinks, and he is not sure, that she may have a disease called Addison's. She has all the symptoms of it. So today they did the test to see and we should have the results by tomorrow night or first thing on thursday. I am happy that our vet thought this thing out and didn't just put her under the knife to come up with a quick (and expensive) diagnosis. He seems very concerned about how he is caring for her and I think he wants to explore every avenue. I can't believe at this point that we are hoping for a diagnosis of a disease!!! How crazy have things gotten? But when you watch her just sit there all depressed like and not eating you just hope they can tell you what is wrong and go from there. At least I am understanding that this is treatable and she can live a good life. I will post our test results and try to help some other pet....thanks for listening again!