View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2014, 03:28 PM

Hi Reg, thanks for this. Wow, I had looked up the difference between IBD and IBS a while ago but as Ive researched so much I had forgotten the answer. I just did another check and read this:

Inflammatory bowel disease, including UC and CD, is different from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Unlike IBD, IBS does not cause inflammation, ulcers or other damage to the bowel. Instead, IBS is a much less serious problem called a functional disorder. This means that the digestive system looks normal but doesn't work as it should.

So when my cat had a scan a fortnight ago, and it showed no inflammation and my new vet was so shocked....that is the reason why!! My cat has IBS and not IBD. If this is correct, then Im shocked she doesnt know this.

I have thought for a while now that its an allergy to something, and I think any type of fish makes it worse. So I put her on kangaroo as its a totally difference animal source. But I dont think its helping her. All the hypo allergenic foods I have found have all sorts of rubbish in them, and common allergies such as soya (from what I have read).

Thankyou Reg. Chinese herbs next. I want to know from a homeopathic vet about the tablets my cat is on. It has made her poos a bit better but I know long term use have serious side effects. Trouble is with the food thing, I think I need to keep her on any new diet for quite a while.

I will post updates here incase anyone else is having the same problem.