View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Marko thank you so much! and everyone else thank you again! you guys have been my rock lately.

After work yesterday I picked up the Previcox from the vets. I gave Winston his pill @ 5pm. Its 1 pill every 24 hours for 10 days and we see how things are. At 7pm I had already noticed a difference. His face looked way better and his movement was much better. His legs at the back didnt look as stiff anymore. He was still panting alot but a HUGE improvement. This medication is for osteoarthritis (sp??) so I am wondering if Winston was feeling pain from that and not the tumor/cancer?

This morning I was late getting up and a little rushed so he slept while I got ready for work. Today coming home I see the improvement is still there! DH was off today so he tried to keep him with him and not let him go down into the basement to sleep and Winston seemed to be open to staying with his Dad for the day which to me is another positive sign because lately he has been spending alot of time down there as its much cooler and his crate is there.

This is all new to both of us as I have never seen my boy in any pain before! I am trying to stay positive that this is going to help him out and give us more time.

He just had his second pill and we will see if he continues. The diarrea is still an issue and the panting seems to only happen when he is moving around because when he lays down and he is relaxed he doesnt pant??

Winston thanks everyone! here is a pic of him after a swim last week.

Prayers and positive vibes to all of those that are suffering will ill fur babies!
Attached Images

Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown