View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Senior Contributor

This really deserves another thread. But I will answer this quickly to enlighten you on rescue group processes.
#1 - when a reputable rescue takes over the dogs which you GAVE them, they are being responsible btw to sterilize them BEFORE being adopted. To me, this sounds like a responsible thing to do so that these dogs are not farmed out and sold to a broker and/or miller to continue the reproduction of pups. To me, that sounds exactly what a rescue group should do and must do.
#2 - when you hand your dogs over to a rescue group, you have given up all claims to the dog. Therefore these dogs are not stolen. You gave the dogs to them.
#3 - it is reputable rescues policy to have adopters sign an adoption contract. They do home visits to ensure the home is the best for the dog. If not, then potential adopters are turned down flat. Also, should by chance the dog is no longer wanted due to circumstances, the dog is to be returned to the rescue for rehoming. They will then find a home for the dog.
#4 - this is the part where I say for this reason, and if you breed and for whatever reason you stop breeding; it was your responsibility to ensure that all angles were covered. As you did not rehome these dogs yourself, gave them up to a rescue group - then you really have no say at this point as to what they do with the dogs. They can sterlize them, find them new homes, ask for an adoption fee (which is more than fair) and keep in touch with the new families AND they are not obliged to even send you updates and photos.

In a nutshell, you have given up all rights to the dogs.
Find peace in knowing you did the next best thing other than rehoming yourself. I am certain that THEIR dogs are fine and are properly cared for.