View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree with licensing cats,but of course most importantly spay/neuter.
People have to stop looking at that cute little kitten,take him home on a whim,only to dump him outside when he is grownup,not a cute little plaything anymore.

My own cats as everyone know come outside with us,are not even interested in exploring what's behind that fence,as for catching birds,I know they would love to but never manage too.

We have about 3 roaming cats in my neighborhood,I know where they live..one of them(since an indoor cat)would lay under my birdfeeders and caught a few birds,that he brought home.
I went over and spoke to the owner,I just did not want him to use my backyard for his hunting ground,my birdfeeders to be a trap,after that and him running away,being picked up by Humane Society,he is now an inside cat.

There should be no difference between cats and dogs,cats are intelligent,have feelings,are very loving and only ask to be loved and cared for,just like dogs.

Thousands of cats are killed every year,shelters are overdcrowded with cats,it just has to stopbut I have a feeling,just like the ignorant people who don't care,our politicians are the same.
After all,here in Ontario,we kill dogs,just for being a certain breed,why would they care about little cats.