View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
I would stay away from the Z/D canned. It's an extremely poor quality food with a ridiculous price-tag. Here are the main ingredients:
Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Water, Corn Starch, Soybean Oil, Powdered Cellulose,
No muscle meat, only organ meat. Corn starch??? Come on. And that powdered cellulose is basically sawdust. For a canned food, this one has a stupidly high amount of carbs (34% from calories).

Good luck convincing a cat to eat this for any length of time.

As well, I don't personally see IBD here, I see a constipated cat that needs to eat quality wet food. IBD is an extremely difficult diagnosis to make, even with a biopsy. Unfortunately vets tend to throw the term around far too liberally when they don't have anything else to offer up.

Glad to hear that Mr. Miyagi is home and doing better. Perhaps if you kept a log-book () that kept track of his pooping habits (like the size, frequency, texture), it could help you notice if something goes off before it gets serious.
. IBD can only be assumed, as SCM stated, it must be diagnosed by biopsies. Normally IBD comes with diarrhea due to inflammation in the colon and rectum.

I would stick to a watered down quality canned. It will produce a smaller stool which is extremely important for any cat who has a constipation issue and Hills Z/D is full of crap that the cat will just poop out.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey

Last edited by Love4himies; October 25th, 2010 at 06:19 PM.