View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I'm a softy

ScottieDog I agree!!! and thank you lovehimies!! I am not concerned about his politics whatsoever... really I am sure he'll do a great job. THIS decision is an important one. The story about what dog he is going to pick is a major one and a lot of people are folloeing it. On Good morning america they even had a portie and a labradoodlewhatever and "tested" them to see which one would be best suited to a life in the white house! Therefore I think there could be a lot of ramifications as far as dogs are concerned.. as I stated before, I am worried..

YES labs are being over bred. I have one and I love them a lot. When I decided it was finally time to get my long wanted yellow lab, I couldn't believe what I saw. I wanted one like the ones I had come to know at dog shows.. But out there are labs that people call purebred ( yeah right!) and they are tall skinny dogs with long skinny tails that are cariied high.. When I take my lab in public people ask me all the time what she is crossed with! And this is a dog that has 9 points toward a canadian champion! She is pretty close to the breed standard, she is 21.5" tall and people this she is way to small for a lab, actually that is within the breed standard, they should not be tall and skinny. They have been overbred so much that they don't actually properly represent the breed anymore, in looks and in temperment. sad sad sad...

I think that this could lead to many people wanting a labrainsertwhateverooodlehere, and this CANNOT be bred properly! there will be people all over the place with a somethinglikealab and a somethinglikeapoodle and they will be breeding them, then what? They will be bred, and puppies and dogs just like them will be killed the same day, then what will happen to these fad "designer" dogs?? No one is thinking of the dogs...

I agree I hate that they are going on about "hypoallergenic" GOODNESS you cannot even be sure with a labradoodle if they will shed or not! They either need to get a purebred from some amazing breeder, or not care about the breed and rescue, they need to think about what this choice means to all the other dogs out there in the world. Being a lab lover it scares me that they would want to mix in poodle, and poodles are nice already why not get a poodle? Why screw up the poodle with a lab? Doesn't make ANY sense!