View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2008, 11:29 PM

it does depend on the dog... there are dogs with higher prey drive, chase drive, but many times where you go to adopt the foster person or people there will have that information, that they are good with cats etc. so ask around about that.

also when you do bring in your new addition... make sure to go through the introduction slowly, keeping the dog leashed is a good way to start, to let your kitty get used to them little by little, and gated when you are not there to monitor. I know there are many that have invaluable suggestions around introductions. Your attitude, assertiveness, leadership role with the new dog makes all the difference as well, establishing the pack order making them feel loved, comfortable, but also able to understand that your kitty is a higher pack member if you see any tension, or other issues.

Really there are tons of cats, dogs that get along beautifully, and i love seeing those pictures over and over I was concerned about the same thing bringing in Riker with Pantera who was 10 at the time. They arent best of friends, although Riker would like to be.. but they get closer every day, she will sit beside him know, and rubs noses with him from time to time.
Post pics when you can of your kitty, and when you bring in your new addition!