View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2005, 02:06 AM

Home cookin' decisions...

Ok, so I know that the next best thing to good kibble is home cooking or feeding raw. The idea of cooking a meal for the family and setting aside a portion of carefully selected stuff mixed is a nice idea, but I don't feel I can make it work.

I have a horrible routine-keeping ability. Aside from being in school some days for 13 hours and coming home at 10PM, some days I don't get to eat at all and others I'll eat at weird times, so the whole preparing it for me and for the doggy wouldn't work. The other thing is on a student's budget, it's hard to have a wad of cash to buy stuff in bulk. I was supposed to buy a half an organic cow 3 years ago and I still haven't ever had the chance to because I never have $300 handy, even though in the long run it would be cheaper than buying bits individually.

So I'm asking, what is the routine for feeding raw/home cooked? It obviously involves more prep, planning and shopping than scooping out of a bag, right? So can somebody explain a day in the life for me? I figured I would ask since there appears to be more home cookers than ever...