Thread: dental problem
View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:17 AM

back from the vet, and it appears to be just a lot of tartar build up and gingivitis. the vet said there could be more serious problems like abscess, but she wont know until she gets in there and cleans them. essentially, she can't say for sure what the teeth will look like under the tarter. as for the cost, will be $490 if no underlying problems with the teeth, $1080 if the teeth are damaged and need extracted. I did luck out a little in that they're having a 20% discount on all dental work through march. of course the checkup today, 6 months of heartworm for her and the other dog, plus blood-work and a flu shot ran me $310 today.
I won't know which option it will be till Thursday the 26th. the vet only does surgeries on Thursdays and was already booked for this week.

as for everything else, Lucy is still healthy as a horse, though the vet again said she needs to loose 20lbs. the funny thing is, we put her on a diet after her last visit and switched her from being able to eat whenever she wanted to a regular feeding schedule.............................and she actually gained a pound