View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Glad to hear the positive report!

I think it's really tough, since you can't really see what's going on in the inside, and that will drive you a little crazy. Nasal stuff is scary and often quick, so just slowing it down will be a win. Sounds like even just the doxy is doing that.

Are you giving anything that has anti-fungal properties, or contains something like Pau D'Arco? Just a thought that with the antibiotics, something to consider. But if you're giving probiotics, that should help. You can keep an eye on the color of the skin of the tummy and watch for dark spots. Hopefully in a husky they aren't as prone to it as Max (GSD) was.

I just made up the baking soda stuff on my own. I gave it twice a day, about 30 minutes after meals, mixed with water in a small feeding syringe. I'm not sure it really goes by weight. Max averaged abot 84 pounds. I started using about 1/8 of a teaspoon of the baking soda twice a day, and I think in the end, was using a slightly overful 1/4 teaspoon. It was very dramatic for him. Someone else used it with success on the tick list too. The doxy does create an acidic state in the body, and on a high protein diet, they are already tending toward the acidic side.