View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Catlover2

It sounds to me that there's something outsideyour home that upsets him....a cat who makes his rounds who's sprayed outside, or a cat he sees on your property. That's the usual thing that sets off this kind of behaviour. Sounds like you've done all the right things.
I was a longtime breeder and I did have a stud cat once that sprayed everywhere and everything! OK, crazy idea here....get one of those diaper thingies used for bitches in heat (smallest size) & put in a panty liner or toilet paper. It was the only way I was able to let my stud have some freedom in the house, otherwise he had to be in a cage lined with newspapers. He sprayed with his "diaper" on but at least it wasn't all over the place. He probably won't like wearing it at first, and it may change his mind about spraying. Desparate measures need desparate solutions! Another thing you might try that I used to do, is get a harness and let him walk around the perimeter of your property especially. That's what I used to do with my studs and most of them were happy with squirting wherever they wanted outside, and didn't do it inside----and it may deter other cats from coming on your property. Let us know if you find something that works. This spraying behaviour is the #1 reason cats get put down. Most people just get to their wit's end and can't cope any more with it.