View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Senior Contributor

I am sorry about yuor grandmother and glad the morphine is working. Sometimes opiates can make ppl delusional, esp in seniors (My dad when he was very ill was this way on dilaudid, an opiate with very similar properties to morphine) and I had to ask his docs to change the meds to morphine which is actually one of the better opiates (as compared to say dilaudid or oxycontion which is really synthetic morphine in a way) There are also so many different ways of administering morphine- does she have a pump , MS Contin, Morphine sulphate? These can all make a difference in her mental agility.

My guess is knowing some of the variables that this cat is really scared and there may be other factors. That does not mean she has to die. It means she needs a family who can cope with her and such families- a foster family at a good rescue center maybe - might help if your family can't cope. Clearly, this cat is terrified pr she would not be under the bed.

I do wish you luck - sorry about yopur grandmother. I still miss mine, sigh! (and she would never want a cat to die, ever! She managed to save the most what were called then "wild" of cats and I loved her for it.)